ALUMNI DAY: JUNE 25, 2016
Medal Request process has ended on June 3th, 2016. You may get a medal without your name from our office (President's Building, 1st Floor) on Alumni Day.
The traditional ODTÜ Alumni Day takes place each year on our Ankara campus. On this day, to which all ODTÜ alumni are invited, a medal is presented to mark the 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 45th, 50th, and 55th graduation anniversary of the concerned alumni. Following a variety of activities on this day, which enables our alumni to congregate, the medals of those in their 10th, 20th, 30th and 40th year of graduation are presented at their departments, whereas the medals of our graduates in their 45th, 50th and 55th year are presented by our President at the Culture and Convention Center.
The Alumni Day, which takes place the day before the Commencement Ceremony each year in accordance with the Academic Calendar drawn up by the University Senate, was planned for July 2, 2016 this year. However, our alumni have intensely requested that the event take place a week earlier due to the fact that July 2, 2016 falls into the week of Eid-al Fitr. Accordingly, the matter has been reconsidered and the new date for the Alumni Day has been set as June 25, 2016.
The goal of ODTÜ Alumni Day is to have classmates come together and to enable as many graduates as possible to interact among themselves and the university. Therefore, the change in the date of the Alumni Day is important both in terms of our alumni and our university.
We await you, our esteemed graduates, for the Alumni Day on Saturday, June 25, 2016.
Further details regarding the Alumni Day will later be shared on this page.Kind regards,
Office of Alumni Communication, ODTÜ
Important Notice: Dear Alumni, you can access the list of graduates eligible for a medal at the link below. In order for a medal bearing your name to be produced, you need to find your name in the list and click the button “Apply for a medal”. We will not be able to prepare a medal bearing a name for our graduates who are eligible for a medal this year, but have not indicated their request in the manner specified. The system allows for a single process. In case you request a medal for someone else due to an incorrect process, please send an e-mail to the address email@example.com regarding the matter.
This year ODTÜ Alumni Day will take place on Saturday, 25th June 2016 with the following program:
08:30 - 10:45
- Welcome and Registration, Distribution of gowns (Outside the Culture and Congress Center)
10:00 - 10:45
- ODTÜ Rector’s Choir and Classical Turkish Music Alumni Society concert (Conductor: Coşkun Açıkgöz)
- Turkish Folk Sciences Society Show
10:45 - 11:15
- Speech by ODTÜ Alumni Club President (Outside the Culture and Congress Center)
- Speech by ODTÜ Rector, Prof. Ahmet Acar (Outside the Culture and Congress Center)
11:15 - 12:45
- Visit to Anıtkabir (Past and Present Graduates) (Buses will leave from the Culture and Congress Center and return to campus at 12.45.)
12:00 - 14:00
- Alumni Day Lunch (ODTÜ Cafeteria)
13:30 - 14:00
- A ceremony will be organized in Science and Technology Museum for The 1971 Blue Bus that will be given to ODTÜ by ODTÜ Development Foundation. (Ring buses will transport our Alumni to Science at Technology Museum at 13.20)
14:00 - 17:30
- Department visits and medals ceremony for graduates in their 10, 20, 30 and 40th years
15:00 - 17:00
- Medals ceremony at the Culture and Congress Center for graduates in their 45th, 50th and 55th years
14:00 - 14:45
- Opening of gates, registration and seating
*ODTÜ Cafeteria will be offering service between 12:00 and 14:00. Hoping to meet all our graduates on ODTÜ Alumni Day…
All updates regarding Alumni Day will be shared on this page.
Office of Alumni Communications
Student Guesthouse-1, Student Guesthouse-2 and the 5th Dormitory have been reserved for our homecoming graduates on Saturday, 25th June 2016 for ODTÜ Alumni Day.
Fees per night are as follows (per person):
Guesthouses / En-suite Rooms: 50 TL
Guesthouses / Rooms without bathroom (Shared bathrooms on each floor): 40 TL
5th Dormitory 30 TL
Our graduates may book rooms as of Friday, 24th June 2015. For bookings, please contant Ms. Hacer Fidan.
Tel. and Fax: (0312) 210 4740
With best regards,
Office of Alumni Communications