- Kurum/Firma: UNHCR Turkey
- Pozisyon: Internship
- İşveren Web Sitesi: https://www.unhcr.org/tr/en/unhcrde-staj-olanaklari
İlan Bitiş Tarihi: –
UNHCR Turkey Operation seeks university students and recent graduates interested in applying for the UNHCR internship program starting from 2022. The details of the program can be found below;
Purpose of the Internship
The purpose of the internship program is twofold:
- Primarily, provide interns with an opportunity to gain practical work experience related to their academic program or future work in a field related to UNHCR’s mission (e.g., international relations, international law, human rights, administration, public information, fieldwork, etc.)
- Secondly, to provide UNHCR offices with the assistance of qualified interns specialized in various professional fields.
1- In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Being a recent graduate (those who have completed their studies within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school program from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
2- An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother, or sister is a current staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Interns are neither “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations nor “officials” within the meaning of the Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations of 13 February 1946.
Internships are initially granted for a minimum period of two months, up to a maximum of six months. Upon the agreement of the intern and the supervisor, an internship may be extended up to a maximum total cumulative internship duration of eight months, provided that the eligibility criteria continue to be met. An intern may undertake multiple internship assignments as long as the total cumulative internship duration is not exceeded. The internship program is expected on a full-time basis. Exceptions may be granted if it is in the mutual interest of both the intern and the Organization and upon agreement of both parties.
Interns are fully responsible for arranging medical insurance covering the full internship period. UNHCR accepts no responsibility for any costs connected to the medical insurance of interns. The work unit will provide interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party (sponsored interns) a Food and Local Transportation Allowance (the Allowance), which will be the equivalent of 10% of the Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) of the duty station and be based on 30 calendar days. Costs and arrangements for international travel, including travel arrangements to and from the location where the internship will be carried out, visas, accommodation, and living expenses, are the responsibilities of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
An internship does not create any expectation or entitlement to employment with UNHCR at the conclusion of the internship. Following the successful completion of an internship with UNHCR, and in order to be considered as an external candidate to a regular position or a Temporary Appointment (TA), six months must elapse between the end of the UNHCR internship and the closing date of the related vacancy announcement. A former intern may be engaged under any affiliate scheme with no break-in service.
How to Apply
To register for UNHCR Turkey Internship Program, go to the website: https://www.unhcr.org/tr/en/unhcrde-staj-olanaklari, download and fill out P11(United Nations Personal History Form), and then send P11 form along with a motivation letter to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving internship applications from the interested candidates.