- Kurum/Firma: DOW
- Pozisyon: Product Safety Intern (Food Contact)
- İşveren Web Sitesi: https://www.dow.com/en-us.html
- İşveren E-posta Adresi: CTozen@dow.com
İlan Bitiş Tarihi: 30.06.2022
Product Safety Specialist (Food Contact)
We are looking for you, a Master/ PhD student (m/f), to support our Product Sustainability Department by doing 1 year part-time internship in Product Safety for our location in Turkey.
Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment. Do you want to get involved in company-wide interactions to support the sustainable development, manufacturing, and sale of new and existing products? Then this internship is something for you! In addition to ensuring products are safe for people and the environment, the Product Sustainability team members champion the development and implementation of product sustainability strategies for Dow’s various businesses.
As a Product Safety Specialist Intern:
- You will spend 4 days at the Dow office and 1 day at University.
- You will get workplace experience in product regulatory services, a central function supporting all Dow businesses.
- You will receive guidance and training from product safety specialists to be able to provide crucial support in identified (optimization-) projects. This will include EU regulatory compliance projects and emerging regulations.
- You will be supporting critical Dow business and company compliance activities under various Chemical Management Programs, particularly EU food contact compliance.
- You will be presenting project status and progress in regular meetings to functional and commercial leadership, outlining roadblocks as well as next steps.
- You will collaborate with the involved stakeholders to follow through on the required actions.
- You will be trained in industry-standard systems such as SAP and IUCLID to enter, maintain and improve data endpoints
- Depending on your skill set, you will be included in different projects, or potentially get the opportunity to independently plan and execute individual cross-functional sub-projects.
- You will be part of a global and multi-cultural team and company, which puts diversity and inclusion as a core pillar for business success. You will have the opportunity to build a professional network, for example in Dow’s Employee Resource Group events.
Your Experience and Qualifications
- You are currently studying, preferably for a master’s degree (preferred background is Chemistry, Toxicology, Environmental Science or Chemical Engineering)
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English and Turkish. Additional languages are a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a team-oriented project environment
- Knowledge in SAP and/or IUCLID preferred, but training will be provided
- You are eligible to do an internship in Turkey
- Working fulltime
- You are available to start in May 2022 (exact timing to be discussed).
After we have received your application, please take into account that it will take a few weeks to go through every letter and CV received. If we want to learn more about your background and skills, we will be in touch with you!
Have we sparked your interest? Let’s continue the conversation! Apply and we’ll be in touch.
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.