- Kurum/Firma: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi
- Pozisyon: Software Development Engineer (Platform – Full Stack) – 247635
- İşveren Web Sitesi: www.siemens.com.tr
- İşveren E-Posta Adresi: email@example.com
İlan Bitiş Tarihi: 31.12.2021
We are seeking a software development engineer to develop software solutions for our Platform Software to monitor and optimize electrical power networks.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working closely within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Design, develop, and maintain distributed web-based (on-premises, cloud) applications with microservice architecture that incorporate real-time and streaming data for monitoring, aggregation, and control,
- Presenting creative behavior to develop applications and to select appropriate technical options,
- Demonstrate responsible behavior and share the outcome of the sprint for both success and failure situations,
- Analyzing and identifying problems within the software and designing improvements by considering solution alternatives such as repair, replace and refactor,
- Participating and supporting all software related activities (e.g. reviews, unit tests, and process improvements),
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in complex software development projects,
- Knowledge of software application development in microservices architecture,
- Hands-on experience in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and software development principles,
- Hands-on experience in software application development with web-based development technologies (e.g. Java, Spring Framework, Angular, or similar),
- Experience participating in software processes (e.g. backlog management, documentation, quality aspects) in a team of engineers from different domains,
- Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous deployment concepts, tools and services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes/Openshift, Ansible, AWS EC2, AWS S3),
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of clean and well documented code,
- Interest in Test driven design or Domain driven design concepts
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience in highly available, distributed, and real-time processing software designs,
- Experience in designing, testing, developing, and monitoring software applications for web-based/cloud platforms,
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases,
- Experience working with message brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ or similar)
- Knowledge of Energy Domain – Power Systems concepts,
- Experience in unit testing and other test types as well as enthusiasm for automated testing,
- Understanding of security concepts regarding web-based development
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools, and Energy domain know-how,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.